Lost Souls: A D.Gray-Man RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Souls: A D.Gray-Man RPG

A place for D.Gray-man RPGers to meet and roleplay.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just Another Day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Black_exorcist
Admin
Black_exorcist

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Just Another Day   Just Another Day I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:25 pm

The hall was filled with finders as Muir walked down the large staircase that led to the mess hall. Long rows of tables were set up along the length of the hall, groups of men sitting in their long tan coats, chatting loudly. Smiling to himself, Muir walked over to the ordering window on the far side of the room. Cooks rushed around behind the window, cooking a variety of food based on the wants of the hungry finders.

"Ah, Master Muir!" the Head Cook, Jamie Ash, called as he leaned out of the window.

"Morning Jamie," Muir yawned, stretching his shoulders.

"What is it that you want today?" Jamie asked.

Muir rattled off a list of foods, practically everything from steamed vegetables to oatmeal.

"No meat this time?" Jamie asked.

Muir shook his head. "I havn't eatten enough veggies lately," he explained, leaning against the stone wall.

"Well well well... you're still following the advice of your brother?"

"Of course! Aillen knew everything about how to stay healthy. That's why we never got sick when I was kid. He'd be disappointed is I got sick now."

Muir's older brother, Aillen, had been a student of medicine pratically his whole life. He'd actually been offered a job running a clinic in a small village in Southern India, but had died from an accident before reaching his destination.

"So you've never been ill?" Jamie laughed.

"Not once... well, I was once. I was too young to remember anything and besides, my parents were still around back then," Muir admitted.

He heard a clatter and saw a tray set out on the counter by one of the assistance cooks. There were several bowls of vegetables, fruits, and oatmeal with steamed milk sitting atop it. Picking up the tray, Muir murmured a thank-you to Jamie and went to go sit down.

Picking a spot at the end of a table, he sat down and taking his spoon in his hand, started to quickly down the oatmeal. A group of finders sat nearby, whispering among themselves. He could feel their eyes casting sideways glances at him every few seconds. However, he just ignored them and started to stab a piece of broccoli with his fork.

"I heard that he took part in that revolution in India several years ago," one of the finders whispered.

"Yah, and his brother was the conspirator," another added.

"Really? But just look at his skin color. He's deffinetly a half-breed," a third murmured.

His anger flared, but Muir just kept chewing. Closing his eyes, he continued to eat slowly, trying to force their comments out of his mind. Muir did not think of himself as a "half-breed". To him, there was no such thing. Yes his mother had been a child of the Cherrokke Tribe, but she had been well liked and a kind woman... or at least that had been what Aillen had told him.

It had been one of Muir's favorite stories when he was a child; the story of how his mother and father had met. He would always ask Aillen to tell it to him every night before he went to bed and his older brother would happily oblige. Aillen had never really felt the affects of having a Native American mother. He was as pale as any other Scottish man with wavy brown hair and deep set blue eyes, but he knew that his brother faced it everyday... so he would always explain how the Native Americans (or Indians as other people called them) were not a lesser being.

Muir had never understood that term "Indian". They were not from India, so why were they called that. When he asked Aillen once, all his brother said was, "It doesn't matter what we are called Muir. All that matters is that we should be proud of our Cherrokke blood."
Back to top Go down
Black_exorcist
Admin
Black_exorcist

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:17 pm

A young boy raced through the rooms of a two-story inn. He dodged groups of drunken men and barmaids, their laughs ringing in his ears. He didn't pay much attention to them and instead, sprinted up the stairs to the second-floor, jumping out of the way just in time to avoid a few young men who were coming down. The room he shared with his older brother was at the end of the long hall, a room hardly big enough for the one bed that stood in it. Throwing open the door, the boy said, "Brother!"

A man of hardly twenty years sat on the bed, reading an old book that was falling apart at the seam. The half of the blue cover had been torn off, the rest of it edged with brown from being soaked by rain. The man looked up and smiled. "What is it, Muir?"

Muir hopped up on the bed next to his brother and crossed his legs. "Can you tell me the story of how Dad met Mom?"

His brother laughed and set the book aside, placing it at the end of the small bed. Picking up Muir, he set him in his lap and hugged his brother tightly. Muir laughed a little and stared up at his brother.

"Well," Aillen started. He always started the same way, the words forever engraved in Muir's mind; "Our mother was a proud Cherrokke and our father was the pride of Thurso, Scotland."
Back to top Go down
Lacy Mcgreggor

Lacy Mcgreggor

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Food?   Just Another Day I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:38 pm

*sits down across from you* I don't care if I can't sit here or not. There's no where else to sit. I'm Lacy. I'm a new exorcist. Well not technically 'new', the exorcist that brought me here took like four years to get here. And I'm rambling, sorry... so what's your name?? *takes a bite out of her pancake*
Back to top Go down
AdelaCassidy

AdelaCassidy

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 8:40 pm

*sits at the table beside yours with a pile of food and starts eating*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Another Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lost Souls: A D.Gray-Man RPG :: RPG Areas :: HeadQuarters :: Mess Hall-
Jump to: